ActiveResource find method and restful controllers.

Hi,

What's the best way to add support for the activeresource find method in the controllers in my rails app?

As I understand it when you invoke something like: Person.find(:all, :params => {:name = 'toby'})

this generates a request of: GET /people.xml?name=toby

Does this mean that in my index method in PeopleController in my rails app I have params[name] set to toby?

What is the best was of returning useful data from this find from within my controller i.e., how do I construct a find in the controller?

Thanks, Toby

Ok so after a bit of playing I can answer half of my question but I have also come up with what seems to be a problem with activeresource.

By invoking Person.find(:all, :params => {:name => 'toby'}) a request of GET /people.xml?name=toby is created and then in the controller this appears in the params hash as params[:name]

Currently I am using the following code in my controller but I don't think it is a very way to do what I want to do:

def index   if params[:name]     @people = Person.find(:first, :conditions => ["name = ?", params[:name]])     raise(ActiveRecord::RecordNotFound, "Couldn't find person with name #{params[:name]}") unless @people   else     @data_dates = People.find(:all)   end

respond_to do |format|     format.xml { render :xml => @people }   end end

Unfortunately at the activeresource end this generates the error

NoMethodError: undefined method `collect!' for #<Hash:0xb12ab325>

I found this ticket but after applying the patch I still have the same problem: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/8798

If anyone has any suggestion at all I would be grateful as I am pretty lost now...

Thanks

Toby