ActiveRecord Validations Not Working

Hi all i am learning Rails3.2.7 but by ActiveRecords Validations are not working.

These are my User.rb

class User < ActiveRecord::Base

attr_accessible :password, :fullname,:user_name ,:email,:company_name#,:terms_of_service,:password_confirmation

validates :terms_of_service, :acceptance => { :accept => 'yes' }

validates :password ,:confirmation => true

validates :password_confirmation, :presence => true

validates :fullname ,:presence => true

validates :user_name ,:presence => true

validates :email ,:presence => true

validates :company_name ,:presence => true

end

but when i click Submit button with out entering the data my validations are not working i’m not getting errors messages which is default in rails.Can any one tell where did i go wrong

Thanks in advance

Is the record being saved? If not, then most likely you just do not have infrastructure in place to display the errors.

@Gintautas Šimkus when i enter data my data is saving. What do u mean by infrastructure in place to display the errors.

OK, what I meant is that maybe you were expecting error to get displayed without actually putting the code (most likely in a layout template), i.e. (the example is in HAML)

= render partial ‘layouts/errors’

and layouts/_errors could look something like

%div#errors= flash[:error]

But if it is (incorrectly) saving, then the above is not the case.

Hi all i am learning Rails3.2.7 but by ActiveRecords Validations are not working.

These are my User.rb

class User < ActiveRecord::Base      attr_accessible :password, :fullname,:user_name ,:email,:company_name#,:terms_of_service,:password_confirmation

That # in the middle looks a bit odd. Did you mean it to be there?

validates :terms_of_service, :acceptance => { :accept => 'yes' }       validates :password ,:confirmation => true       validates :password_confirmation, :presence => true       validates :fullname ,:presence => true       validates :user_name ,:presence => true       validates :email ,:presence => true       validates :company_name ,:presence => true

end

but when i click Submit button with out entering the data my validations are not working i'm not getting errors messages which is default in rails.Can any one tell where did i go wrong

If the code you have posted for the model is not copied/pasted then please do that (so we can check for typos), also post the code for the controller action run when you click submit (just that action will do), and also post the section of development.log for when you clck submit (look at the log before you click submit to see where to start the copy/paste from).

Maybe better to have a look at the Rails Guide on debugging first though to find out how to debug the code, then see if you can work it out for yourself.

Colin

These are my User.rb

class User < ActiveRecord::Base

attr_accessible :password, :fullname,:user_name ,:email,:company_name#,:terms_of_service,:password_confirmation

For this : - First remove the # after :company_name. For :password_confirmation, you should also add :- attr_accessor :password_confirmation. (because it is not going to be saved in db.) Hope this helps .