ActiveRecord::Extensions 0.5.2 Released!

ActiveRecord::Extensions 0.5.2 is released!

This release allows you to install "ar-extensions" as a rubygem.

gem install -r ar-extensions

Zach http://www.continuousthinking.com/tags/arext

much appreciated Zach

cheers </jima> zdennis wrote:

Zach,

I have installed the gem and in my .rb file i use

require 'ar-extensions'

everything runs as expected but I get the following warnings

FasterCSV is not installed. CSV functionality will not be included. C:/applications/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ar-extensions-0.5.2/lib/ar-extensions/temporary_table.rb:120: warning: parenthesize argument(s) for future version advertisement_test.rb: No such file or directory -

Firstly, am I using it correctly and secondly is there anyway to suppress the errors.

cheers </jima>

zdennis wrote:

Jim Alateras wrote:

Zach,

I have installed the gem and in my .rb file i use

require 'ar-extensions'

everything runs as expected but I get the following warnings

FasterCSV is not installed. CSV functionality will not be included. C:/applications/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ar-extensions-0.5.2/lib/ar-extensions/temporary_table.rb:120: warning: parenthesize argument(s) for future version advertisement_test.rb: No such file or directory -

Firstly, am I using it correctly and secondly is there anyway to suppress the errors.

cheers </jima>

sudo gem install fastercsv

Michael Wang's reply will fix the CSV warning. Perhaps I should put the to_csv functionality in a separate gem rather then giving the user warnings.

I will fix the ruby warning in the next release.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Zach http://www.continuousthinking.com

Hey Zach, this sounds like a very good idea.

-Conrad

Zach,

What about the warning message?

cheers </jima> zdennis wrote:

What version of activerecord extensions and what version of ruby are you using and what version of fastercsv?

Zach

I apologize for this issue, in your model put:

class YourModel < ActiveRecord::Base    include ActiveRecord::Extensions::FindToCSV end

You don't have to to this if you're working on array of ActiveRecord models though.

Would you prefer the above, or do not have to do this or do use declarative style hints like below?

class YourModel < ActiveRecord::Base    acts_on_to_csv end

I will get this fixed so you don't have to do this and get a 0.5.4 release out which solves this issue and also the ruby warning on the temporary_tables file.

Zach