ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished

Hi All,

I am new in ruby on rail. i have successfully Ruby on Rails setup and create application but i have run application in browser everytime display "ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished " this error .

I am using ruby 1.9.3 and below my db connection.

# SQLite version 3.x # gem install sqlite3

Hi All,

I am new in ruby on rail. i have successfully Ruby on Rails setup and create application but i have run application in browser everytime display "ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished " this error .

I am using ruby 1.9.3 and below my db connection.

# SQLite version 3.x # gem install sqlite3 # # Ensure the SQLite 3 gem is defined in your Gemfile # gem 'sqlite3'

development: adapter: mysql encoding: utf8 host: localhost username: root password:root

There must be a space after : before the password. Were you able to create the database via rake db:create? Have you got a mysql server running and are you able to access the database using the mysql command line?

It may be that the adaptor should be mysql2, I am not sure of when it should have 2 and when it should not.

If you need more help tell us which operating system you are using and which version of rails.

Colin