Active Record Rails 3.2 undefined method 'each'

am running ruby 1.9.2 and rails 3.2. I have active record call that is returning nil even though the data is there. So my question is, what part am I missing to return the records?

my model is:stores.rb

class Stores < ActiveRecord::Base

establish_connection "as400_#{RAILS_ENV}"
set_table_name "SIGNCUSTM2"

def self.find_stores(params)
Customer.where("CAD505=? AND TRYT20=?", params[:parmstate],    params[:parmrep]).where.not(cusn05: nil)
end

def index
@customers = Customer.find_stores(params[:model])
    end

end

my view: store.html

<% @customers |customer| %>
<p align="center">

<strong>Store:</strong>&nbsp;<%= select_tag :            customers %>
</p>

am running ruby 1.9.2 and rails 3.2. I have active record call that is returning nil even though the data is there. So my question is, what part am I missing to return the records?

Look in development.log where you should find the sql generated. Looking to see what is wrong with that should give you a clue.

Colin

There are a few weird things in your code:

def self.find_stores(params)

Customer.where("CAD505=? AND TRYT20=?", params[:parmstate],    params[:parmrep]).where.not(cusn05: nil)
end

Using .not like that is a rails 4 thing but you’ve said you’re using rails 3.2

my view: store.html

<% @customers |customer| %>

I’m surprised that doesn’t cause a syntax error.

What is it that is nil? even if your conditions were incorrect, the code you posted would return an empty relation/array rather than nil

Fred