ActionView table renderer

Hi all,

I've always been a big fan of writing clean (DRY) code and so I figured that with ruby and rails I'm in the right place. Having some fun with rails for a few months there's one thing that starts to annoy me. I write mostly data driven applications which consists for a large part of forms and master/detail views. Although writing a form with a few lines of code isn't a problem using a form builder everyone seems to make table views by writing the html code for each table over and over again.

With the idea of a table renderer (like in myfaces trinidad of prado) in the back of my head I went on searching for someone who've already made such a thing but except for a few very basic projects I've found non. So I'm thinking of writing something my own but I'm having a very basic problem.

How to call the table render from the rhtml template using a nicely looking construct? The basic model consists of: -Table which has an array of objects to render and a few parameters -Columns which have a method name to call on the row object, parameters and an optional code block to render in the table cell.

Does anybody have an idea on how such a construct should look like or know a plugin that's ready to use?