ActionMailer using wrong layouts on prod box

Using ActionMailer, Haml and multi part emails I'm seeing very strange behavior on one particular production box.

I've got:

class Notifier < ActionMailer::Base   layout 'email'   def test   end end

All of these files exist: app/views/notifier/test.text.html.haml app/views/notifier/test.text.plain.haml app/views/layouts/email.text.html.haml app/views/layouts/email.text.plain.haml

*Both* parts of this multipart email use the HTML layout. However, each individual part uses the appropriate HTML/PLAIN template.

1) I've verified this isn't related to Rails/ActionMailer or HAML by creating a barebones app with this identical set up and checking to see if it worked (it did) 2) If I set up a prod database on my dev box it works fine -- This only happens in prod on my prod server... (big wtf there)

Both my dev and prod server say this:

Notifier.instance_variable_get("@inheritable_attributes")

=> {:auto_layout=>false, :master_helper_module=>#<Module: 0x2d72ac4>, :layout_conditions=>{}, :view_paths=>["/Users/jsharpe/ veloracing/app/views"], :layout=>"email"} *Note the :layout => "email" is correct

Where else can I troubleshoot this?

Few updates to the original post:

I've since changed the layouts to "notifier_layout" in case there was some conflict with "email" -- as didn't fix it (as expected)

I tested it with ERB and a barebones rails 2.3.5 app -- so yea, not Rails and not Haml's fault

On prod Notifier.instance_variable_get("@inheritable_attributes") [:view_paths] is slightly different but looks fine... the rest of that hash is identical.

had the same problem, any solutions ?