ActionMailer Difficulties

I'm using ActionMailer in test mode (so, in the config file I have

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :test

) I have my mailer set up as such...

def confirm(message, sending_user, user)     @subject = "You have a message from #{sending_user.login}"     @body["message"] = message   @body["user"] = user   @body["sender"] = sending_user     @recipients = user.email     @from = "admin@queer.berkeley.edu"     @sent_on = Time.now   end

And my confirm page set up as follows

Dear <%= @user.name %> <%= @sender.login %> has sent you the following message %> <%= @message %>

Now, if I let @user be some user and @sending_user be some other user, if I work from the console with

MessageSender.deliver_confirm("Message!", @sending_user, @user)

it works, and I see the message in the hash built by the test mode. But if I use the following code

def send_message   @user = (session[:looked_upon_user])   @sending_user = User.find(session[:user_id])   @message = (params[:message])   MessageSender.deliver_confirm(@message, @sending_user, @user) end

it doesn't, even though the send message page works, with the following code

<h1> Message Sent! </h1> <p>   <%= @sending_user.login %> sent the message </p> <p>   <%= @message %> </p> to <%= @user.login %> <%= link_to "Return", :action => "index" %>

I've been programming with Ruby on Rails for a few months now and am still trying to get the hang of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.