ActionController::SessionRestoreError

Hiiiiiii

created new application from old application copy of that the old application is running but new application is not running fine ,

please help its urgent...

ActionController::SessionRestoreError in Content_masters#index

Showing app/views/content_masters/index.html.erb where line #77 raised:

Session contains objects whose class definition isn\'t available. Remember to require the classes for all objects kept in the session. (Original exception: #{const_error.message} [#{const_error.class}])

thanks

rahul

Session contains objects whose class definition isn\'t available. Remember to require the classes for all objects kept in the session. (Original exception: #{const_error.message} [#{const_error.class}])

Extracted source (around line #77):

74: </td> 75: <td>&nbsp;<%= link_to 'Show', :controller=>"content_masters",:action=>"show",:id=>content_master.id %></td> 76: <td>&nbsp;<%= link_to 'Edit', edit_content_master_path(content_master) %></td> 77: <td>&nbsp;<%= link_to 'Destroy', content_master, :confirm => 'Are you sure?', :method => :delete %></td> 78: </tr> 79: <% 80: @dd=ContentMaster.find(:all,:conditions=>"parent_id=#{content_master.id}")

It's pretty much what it says - Something is stored in the session that Rails can't pull out because it can't find the corresponding class. What have you been putting in the session (and as a general rule it's good practice to keep to fairly simple data in the session (arrays, hashes, strings, numbers etc.)

Fred

i havent used session , is it due to plugins i have used and not installed in new app. for that what i need to do..

it is giving this error where <%=flash[:message]%><br>

flash message is given

pls help...

i havent used session , is it due to plugins i have used and not installed in new app. for that what i need to do..

Well you need to figure out what those plugins are doing. If you restart your browser and the problem goes away then the problem was just that when the session was created one of these plugins was putting stuff in it (although this does highlight the danger of storing that kind of stuff in the session). If not then keep digging - you should always understand what the plugins you use are doing!

Fred

Thanks Fred My problem is solved by clearing history of browser.

thanks

rahul