ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [GET] "/image.jpg"):

I am using rails 3.1.3.

Inside config/ application -> config.assets.enabled = true Inside development.rb -> config.assets.compress = false Inside production.rb -> config.serve_static_assets = false; config.assets.compile = false

I have images placed in assets/images. If i do localhost:3000/assets/ image I get the image in the browser, but unfortunately, on the browser i am unable to view the images,

I am getting following errors in development mode. Haven't tested yet in production.

Started GET "/winecountry_part2.jpg" for 127.0.0.1 at 2011-11-26 12:56:40 -0800

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [GET] "/ winecountry_part2.jpg"):

Rendered /Users/jayparteek/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-head@default/gems/ actionpack-3.1.3/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/rescues/ routing_error.erb within rescues/layout (0.6ms)

I have images placed in assets/images. If i do localhost:3000/assets/ image I get the image in the browser, but unfortunately, on the browser i am unable to view the images,

Please clarify what you mean by "on the browser I am unable". You just said that you can, with localhost:3000/assets/image (assuming by "image" you mean winecountry_part2.jpg).

I am getting following errors in development mode. Haven't tested yet in production.

Started GET "/winecountry_part2.jpg" for 127.0.0.1 at 2011-11-26 12:56:40 -0800

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches [GET] "/ winecountry_part2.jpg"):

That is correct behavior. The image assets are not stored directly under public, but under public/assets. That's why the path localhost:3000/assets/winecountry_part2.jpg will work -- this is going directly to public/assets/winecountry_part2.jpg. By contrast, if you try localhost:3000/winecountry_part2.jpg, there is no such file, so the server looks at your routes, finds none, and complains.

-Dave