ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken

I am new to RoR. I am running Linux Red Hat Enterprise with MySQL for my db, and when I go and either create/update the database I get this message:

ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken in Test1Controller#create(or update) ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken

I can destroy any of the items in the db, just can not create or update. The answer is probably simple, but I just have not found it yet...if more information is needed please let me know.

Hi Michael,

This article will explain what this error message is about. http://ryandaigle.com/articles/2007/9/24/what-s-new-in-edge-rails-better-cross-site-request-forging-prevention

Hope this helps,

Scott

Michael Jubin wrote:

Michael Jubin wrote:

I am new to RoR. I am running Linux Red Hat Enterprise with MySQL for my db, and when I go and either create/update the database I get this message:

ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken in Test1Controller#create(or update) ActionController::InvalidAuthenticityToken

I can destroy any of the items in the db, just can not create or update. The answer is probably simple, but I just have not found it yet...if more information is needed please let me know.

I added the lines :only => [:update, :delete, :create] after protect_from_forgery and things worked.

I'm on rails 2.3+