Accessing class variable issues, hopefully a quick one....

Hi all,

I am fiddling around with a Setting model (a modified version of http://beautifulpixel.com/articles/2006/02/25/settings-plugin) that should scope settings by a domain_id. I have created a class accessor so that I can set the domain_id in the model from the session.

The class looks a little like this:

class Setting < ActiveRecord::Base        belongs_to :domain

---snip ---

#set a setting value by notation   def self.=(var_name, value)     if self[var_name] != value       var_name = var_name.to_s

record = find(:first, :include => :setting_type, :conditions => ['domain_id = ? AND var = ?', @@domain_id, var_name])       if record.nil?         type = SettingType.find_by_var(var_name)         record = Setting.new(:setting_type => type)       end       record.value = value.to_yaml

#TODO why cant i just use @@domain_id???       record.domain = Domain.find(@@domain_id)

record.save     end   end end

This seems to work but I would like to just use the value of @@domain_id and apply it to the 'record' object like this:

record.domain_id = @@domain_id

except that doesn't work. I can't for the life of me work out why. Every other time I access @@domain_id it grabs the value except in this case. Strange!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-felix