access of WML site through cell phone seems flakey

I just started a new subdomain on hosting rails. I launched it a couple of days ago. It is a site that can render onto mobile devices using WAP/WML or through a regular browser.

It seems flaky with the mobile cell phone access, because sometimes it works and sometimes it stops working for several hours and then it seems like it's fine again, with a regular browser it seems ok, though yesterday that had been flaky as well. I have a different subdomain that I have been using with mobile interface that has been working fine for a year.

When it stops working, I don't think the cell service is actually accessing the site because I see no request in the log file, and the cell phone goes into a google search mode for the url.

Is it possible that the dns server is messed up somehow or it takes a long time to propagate and it is switching to different servers ?

If there are any suggestion on what I could try, please let me know.

now what I am seeing is sometimes the mobile browser says it can't display the page, in those cases I can definitely see that the request made it to the server as the log file has the request.

Other times it says: proxy server recv invalid response from upstream server. reason: dns lookup failure

From experience, it seems like if I wait 6 hours or so, it may clear up, though I find it very strange.