Hey all, first let me say that this list has been very valuable for me
in learning the basics of Rails, so I appreciate this list very much!
I have been doing a great amount of reading, studying, and learning,
and now I am ready to start building my first Rails app. However, I
need a little help with how to actually proceed with the build
process. I would like to know how you guys plan your apps, and what
order you build pieces in.
I am building an app that will allow users to post pets that they need
to find a great home for. Here are the basic requirements that this
app will need:
1. User will create an account that will include all of their personal
information. (Name, email, Login/Pass, etc.)
2. User will fill out a form for their pet to post it on the site.
(Type of pet, sex, breed, etc., etc.)
3. User will upload an image of the pet if they have it. (Otherwise
default to a generic image)
4. User will be able to edit, delete their posts once the pet has a
new home. Users will also be able to edit their account to keep their
information up to date.
5. Visitors will be able to search pets by type, breed, etc.
My questions is, what should the general work flow be for this
project? How would you tackle it as far as which pieces to build
first, streamlining the development process, etc.? Since this will be
my first actual build, I want to be sure that I develop this project
in the correct manner, based on the MVC flow of things.
I appreciate any guidance you all can give me for tackling my first
Rails app.!! Thanks!