#6175 patch file missing

I was gonna nudge you guys about #6175, before that, I was gonna download the patch and test it again.

But... when I attempt to download it, track says it doesn't exist.

The previous patch file is mssing too. The others seem ok.

What the two missing have in common is a "+" char in the name. Maybe that's our culprit.

Could someone check that, and try to rescue the patch from the dead? I don't seem to have a local copy.

Thanks.

Could someone check that, and try to rescue the patch from the dead? I don't seem to have a local copy.

Seems trac 10.3 has a bug with cgi escaping, so don't upload any files with spaces in them for the time being.

I've de-ghosted that patch for you. give it a quick checkover and re-nudge us.

(Sorry to have to ask this here, but dev.rubyonrails.org is 404 for me right now.)

I understand the #7615 patch deals with the different order of reading files across different filesystems. I'm an Ubuntu Linux user brand new to the Edge and had "rake test" fails in actionpack related to this too. I'm sure that #7615 fixes the cached javascript/stylesheet problems I saw.

I was wondering whether it also addressed another failure that stems from the same dir listing order issue:

test_should_cache_get_with_ok_status(PageCachingTest) get with ok status should have been cached.

The test passes when run on its own, but fails under "rake test" on my Ubuntu box since it does its initialization of ActionController::Base.perform_caching at the top of the file rather than using setup/teardown. The asset helper test plays with the same setting and I expect the caching test is passing for people on other platforms because of the order rake reads and runs the tests in.

The fix is obvious:

Index: actionpack/test/controller/caching_test.rb

Anthony Bailey wrote:

[a query about patch #7615 and test_should_cache_get_with_ok_status(PageCachingTest)]

OK, I can see Trac again now. To answer my own question: #7615 does not fix the issue in question. I'll restate it.

I'm new to Edge, running on Ubuntu Linux. The actionpack "rake test" failed for me in various places due to some platform-dependent nondeterministic orderings. Patches #7614 and #7615 address all but one:

test_should_cache_get_with_ok_status(PageCachingTest)]

>> get with ok status should have been cached.

The test passes when run on its own, but fails under "rake test" on my Ubuntu box since it does its initialization of ActionController::Base.perform_caching at the top of the file rather than using setup/teardown. The asset helper test plays with the same setting, and I expect the caching test is passing for people on other platforms because of the order rake reads and runs the tests in.

I've submitted a patch: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7640

--Anthony.

Thanks for that.

Nudging you now:

I've once reworked the patch as per marcel's request and now I've done it again.

All tests pass. Please review and apply it asap, I'd hate to see it go stale again. It's a patch mostly about code removal, so a lot has to be verified to update it.

Hi Koz,

Did anyone from core get a chance to take a look at #6175 yet?

Thanks