500 error in production environment which I don't get in development env

Hi: I get a strange 500 error in production environment which I don't get in development env: "We're sorry but something went wrong" message. Production log is empty. Write permissions seem to be correct. What gets logged in production? that problem get tracked down? Is there a quick possibilty to enable logging in production env?

-Jens

I solved a part of that problem on my own! By starting Webrick i got the error details right on the console. What was going wrong? "undefined method" method occured. A table column could not be found on a model. Even after running migrations. The problem was that RAILS_ENV for some unknown reason was set to development mode. According to that the last migration ran in development environment. I changed it back with RAILS_ENV="production", ran migrations and everything was fine again.

Pending question is why my production log is not getting filled on such errors?! File owner is same as environment.rb and permissions are ok to write. (I'm running under passenger)

-Jens

Yes Jens, you can enable logging in production: in your environments/production.rb file enable log level to :debug, as config.log_level = :debug //uncomment this line

-Gourav