We are looking for multiple talented Senior Web Developers with a
history of commercial product & consumer-oriented web application
design and high-end development and exposure to the full project life
cycle. The successful candidate must have a excellent working
knowledge of software design patterns, best practices followed in
development cycle, a clear understanding of web and system security
issues and designing for best application performance & scalability.
Candidate having clear understanding of the agile software development
cycle and latest web standards would be preferred. Successful
candidate should be also a very ardent follower of TDD (Test Driven
Development) and BDD (Behavior Driven Development) based software
Successful candidate should also be able to work with disparate geo-
located team members in collaboration and co-ordination.
Candidates with working experience on Mac & OSX environment based
tools would be also preferable.
• Commercial product & consumer-oriented website application design
• Following the Agile web development practices and best practices in
• Preparing functional and technical specifications in collaboration
with the Project Owner. Also participate in software architecture.
• Working on innovative and challenging modules & tasks and also
helping team members with the same.
• Helping with solving challenging technical problems & proving
innovative , out-of-box solutions.
• Working closely with Project Owner to make sure modules & tasks are
completed in time frame.
• Participating in team meetings when appropriate and be able to
discuss technical issues in a clear and positive way to non-technical
• Providing technical leadership to the team and working to help
improve the development practices & standard of the team.
• Keeping fully abreast of latest thinking in all areas of web
development with specific emphasis on Ruby on Rails related
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
similar area of study is preferred. MCA, BE/B.TECH, PGDCA, Msc IT are
• Outstanding knowledge and understanding of Ruby on Rails (as
Framework), Ruby (as language), MySQL
• Ability to follow best TDD and BDD practices
• Using Git Version control system
• Clean sheet Relational Database Design together with very good SQL
• Excellent HTML and CSS ability. Should be independently be able to
make modification without external help
• Experience of in integration of and working with external web
services like Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, SMS Web services, etc
• Experience of various payment gateways
• Excellent communication skills and should have the correct attitude
to work in a large & diverse team
• Ability to work quickly, to tight deadlines and under pressure. Also
should be very flexible to sudden changes in requirements/specs and
should be easily adaptable.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Fluent in English (spoken & written)
• Experience working directly with foreign clients/colleagues in a
highly professional manner
• Educational software domain background preferred
• Sense of humor! (Yes, we need people who enjoy software development
and are passionate about it)
Experience of the following would be a distinct advantage
• Testing ability, preferably in using Shoulda (Unit & Functional
testing) along with Factory Girl, Cucumber, Web Rat, RSpec
• Clear understanding of TDD & BDD best practices
• Experience in Software Deployment and Server maintenance using tools/
scripts like Capistrano, Passenger, Continuous Integration Server, etc
• Experience with various site monitoring tools
• Experience in Plugin and gem creation
• Experience in working scalability issue related to Ruby on Rails
• Working experience on Mac & OSX environment based tools like
• Working with various communication & project management tools like
iChat, Skype, Skitch, Jing, Pivotal Tracker, Lighthouse, etc
• Attitude & interest to work on open source and rails community based
• Active participant in Rails community and ardent technical blogger/
open source evangelist
Contact : email@example.com
and we will send more details.