2 Issues - On load component hiding ; Separate find methods

I have been working on developing a blog site using rails. This is my first rails application, hence I am fairly new to rails development. Over the past week, I have encountered a few issues and hence I am putting them all in one post here. Please feel free to comment on any of the below mentioned issues:

1) On my blog post I have my blog entries and their respective comments. The visibility of the comments is toggled using a link. When my blog page loads, the comments are being displayed by default. However I want to hide the comments on page load and show them only when the "Comments" link is clicked. I am using rjs to toggle the visibility. Is there a way to hide the comments on page load? The code that I have is shown below:

//Comments link: (blog.html.erb) <%= link_to_remote pluralize(blogentry.comments.size, 'Comment'), :url => { :action => 'show_comments', :entry => blogentry}%>

//RJS Templates : (show_comments.js.rjs) entry = params[:entry] page.visual_effect :toggle_blind, "Comment_box_#{entry}" , :duration => 0.5, :fps => 50

2) I have also tried to categorize and archive the blog entries. For that I am calling custom find methods. They are working fine and everything is being done in the same method in the controller. Also I have a single view file. However I would like to know if there is a better way of doing this. Should I perform the find in separate methods and have separate view files for each find (like separate view for archives and categories)? Although I don't think that would be a DRY implementation. The code is shown below:

//page controller def blog     @category = Category.find_by_name(params[:category_name])     if (params[:category_name])       @blogentries = Blogentry.find_all_by_category_id(@category.id)     elsif (params[:month] && params[:year] )       start = Time.mktime(params[:year], params[:month])       @blogentries = Blogentry.find(:all, :conditions => ['created_at

? and created_at < ?', start, start.next_month])

else       @blogentries = Blogentry.find(:all)     end   end

//blog.html.erb <% for blogentry in @blogentries %> <div id="blog_entry">   <div id="blog_heading">     <%= h blogentry.title %>   </div>   <div id="blog_content">     <%=h blogentry.body %>   </div> </div> <% end %>

//layout.html.erb (only the sidebar code with Archives and Categories). //This file provides the category, month and year required for categorizing and archiving //respectively.

<div id="sidebar">   <div class = "side_content">   <div> CATEGORIES </div>   <% for category in @categories%>     <% @entry = Blogentry.findforCatergoryid(category.id) %>     <%= link_to category.name.upcase + "(#{@entry.length})", category_entries_path(category.name)%>     <% end%>   </div>   <div class = "side_content">   <div> ARCHIVES </div>   <% @entries_by_month.each do |month, entry|%>     <%= link_to month.strftime('%B %Y').upcase, archive_path (month.strftime('%Y'), month.strftime('%m'))%>   <% end%>   </div> </div>

Any help here will be be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, vishy

to answer your first question, hiding the comments by default is easy. simply add a "display:none" to the CSS for the divs you wish to be hidden initially.