Zoomable chart

Hi, I would like to create an interactive bubble chart from a Rails- based database. I've spent quite a lot of time browsing the posts both here and on rubyforums for similar queries, but haven't really found a definitive answer yet. I would like each point to be clickable, and would like users to be able to zoom and navigate within the chart. We would prefer not to use Flash for this project. The database is sizeable (potentially 10,000+ points), and rapid rendering of the chart would also be desirable!

Thanks in advance,

Tig

Tig wrote:

Hi, I would like to create an interactive bubble chart from a Rails- based database. I've spent quite a lot of time browsing the posts both here and on rubyforums for similar queries, but haven't really found a definitive answer yet. I would like each point to be clickable, and would like users to be able to zoom and navigate within the chart. We would prefer not to use Flash for this project. The database is sizeable (potentially 10,000+ points), and rapid rendering of the chart would also be desirable!

You probably won't get a good answer here, because this is basically not a Rails question. You need to find or create a chart you like, then set up your Rails app to deliver the XML or JSON that the chart needs.

Thanks in advance,

Tig

Best,