wrong number of arguments (Wrox Beginning Ruby On Rails)

I'm reading a book "Beginning Ruby on Rails" I made an table, and tried to make an Model class. But it doesn't work.

I made the table as below.

I'm reading a book "Beginning Ruby on Rails" I made an table, and tried to make an Model class. But it doesn't work.

I made the table as below.

> show columns from books ; +-------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+ > Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra | +-------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+ > id | int(11) | NO | PRI | NULL | auto_increment | > name | varchar(80) | NO | | NULL | | > description | text | NO | | NULL | | > price | decimal(8,0) | NO | | NULL | | +-------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+ 4 rows in set (0.07 sec)

I typed to make an model class as below.

G:\web_apps\library>ruby script/generate scaffold Book Manage

What is 'Manage' supposed to do?

You might be using an out of date tutorial, I suggest having a look at the rails guide on Getting Started at http://guides.rubyonrails.org/. This includes the use of scaffolding. Also work through the guides on ActiveRecord Associations and Debugging, and most of the rest in fact.

Colin

Colin

The scaffold generator takes a model name, followed by an optional space-delimited list of field name:type specs. So you might say:

script/generate scaffold Book name:string description:text price:decimal

Or you can leave off the list of field names (in which case you don't get much in your views or the migration).

But the generator doesn't know what to do with that trailing "Manage".

Note that since you already have a table created, you'll likely want to delete the migration that the scaffold generator creates for you.

Also--bonus unsolicited advice: you're best off using the exact version of rails that your author specifies.

HTH,

-Roy