Working with Redcarpet (markdown) and AWS S3

I’m using Redcarpet for markdown editor. The form contains a basic textarea. It works fine.

I use CarrierWave to upload most of my files to aws S3 buckets. It works fine too.

But, I’m unable to figure out how to include & upload image (to S3) on the textarea (markdown).

Kindly advice. Thanks!

I'm using Redcarpet for markdown editor. The form contains a basic textarea. It works fine.

I use CarrierWave to upload most of my files to aws S3 buckets. It works fine too.

But, I'm unable to figure out how to include & upload image (to S3) on the textarea (markdown).

This isn't something that will just work without additional code, likely in JS, to manage the upload and return the complete URL to the image. I've used a number of Markdown toolbars in the past that let you add a link to an already-uploaded image in the stream of your Markdown text with one click. But all that's doing is adding the `![your text](full/url/to/image)` syntax around your selected text. Uploading the image within the context of doing the rest of the text editing is not a regular feature of Redcloth or Markdown itself.

Here, I just googled this for you:

Walter