Working Depot app? (not AWDWR-related)

Hello,

I'm looking for some kind of depot app (really just a "select file and click upload" kind of thing), doesn't need to be pretty, doesn't need to manage users or anything, and to be completely honest I don't even care if it's written in rails or not. I had a shot at google and github, but most of the results seem to be related to the AWDWR book or some other tutorials or classes. Anyone knows of something like that?

Thanks,

Felix

That's the code from AWDWR (Agile Web Development with Rails), and a) I don't want to dl and install netbeans just to get the code, b) I am a little weary of code marked as "sample", but thanks anyway :slight_smile:

Felix

Felix Schäfer wrote:

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/samples/ruby-depot.html

That's the code from AWDWR (Agile Web Development with Rails), and a) I don't want to dl and install netbeans just to get the code,

I don't think you have to.

b) I am a little weary of code marked as "sample", but thanks anyway :slight_smile:

(Note: "weary" = "tired". "Wary" = "cautious", which is what I assume you meant.)

With a request such as your original post, probably all you're going to get is samples. If you can be a bit more specific about what you want and why you want it, perhaps you'll get better answers...

Best,

Felix Schäfer wrote:

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/samples/ruby-depot.html

That's the code from AWDWR (Agile Web Development with Rails), and a) I don't want to dl and install netbeans just to get the code,

I don't think you have to.

Well, at least if I want it from the netbeans website :slight_smile:

b) I am a little weary of code marked as "sample", but thanks anyway :slight_smile:

(Note: "weary" = "tired". "Wary" = "cautious", which is what I assume you meant.)

I meant wary, but it seems I was a little weary when I wrote it *coughs*

With a request such as your original post, probably all you're going to get is samples. If you can be a bit more specific about what you want and why you want it, perhaps you'll get better answers...

Ok, specific use case here: we're planning a reunion with all past and present members of a choir I sing in, because the choirmasters have been leading this choir for the last 20 years, and we're trying to get as much photographs and stuff together to make a nice collage/art/whatever. The depot would enable people to upload stuff to it that is too big for mails, but too small for some sort of "burn it on a DVD and send it per snailmail" scheme.

Anyway, the depot should: - just work (which is why I'm wary of a "sample app", I don't have the time to look over something in case it doesn't work), - not require any sort of registration or one-time key or anything, because it won't run longer than 6 weeks, and it should be more of a one-off thing for the users, - be simple, as in dead simple, because most of those people are at best "dumb" users.

Thanks,

Felix

Paperclip (or attachment_fu, etc.) "just works," so you can make an app with one controller and a page with a single form field with a file selector and let your people loose on it. Other than that, I can't think of any more on-topic help I can offer.