WIKI web hosting

Hello everyone. First of all I am a total newby to ROR. I was asked to come up and host a wiki website on my biz-data class. Heard that ROR is one of the easiest approaches to the given problem. I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out here, or at least direct me to a feasible direction. Is it possible to use an already existing code, or do I have come up with my own codes? If the answer is yes, then where do I get those codes? and how do I implement them as my own?

Regards. Shakur145

Dear Kodama

Thanx for your reply. The thing is, I did ask my instructor if it was possible to use commercial wiki sites like twiki.com, wikidot.com etc... The answer was we couldn't use others' server space, and we have to come up with an independent wiki site and put it on our school's server (pretty much from scratch). What I was wondering was that whether there were any sites that offer free wiki softwares that can be downloaded and remodeled on ROR, and can be used like free htm codes that are remodelable and re-usable, on windows.

Regards.

Hi,

I needed a wiki in my server and installed mediawiki: almost easy t install fron scratch in a local server.

If you need a wiki writte in ROR, I do no know

bye giammy

Giangiammy

I have settled on MediaWiki, though I have still encountered some problems upon installing it. First of all, I am installing it on my own computer with help of Apache as my server. I have also installed PHP 5, and MySQL for the database. I have been told that Apache 2 and PHP 5 should be configured accurately, so that MediaWiki 1.11 (the current ver) folder with all those subfolders inside can be put on the Apache. Could you tell me your steps of MediaWiki installation?

Thanx. Shakur

Might I humbly suggest that this is a question far more suited, and likely to get an answer on a mediawiki discussion group.

For example: Info | mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org - lists.wikimedia.org

Although it would be best to do a little homework before entering there. Perhaps by googling for "mediawiki install"