Why can't an HTML ActionMailer view share a partial with a web view?

Railsters:

I'm on the second project in a row where I would like to snip out one div from a view and mail it around. I want to put the div in a partial and share the partial into the mail.

Am I misunderstanding things, or does Rails (2.3.2) prevent me from doing this? If so, why?

Phlip wrote:

Railsters:

I'm on the second project in a row where I would like to snip out one div from a view and mail it around. I want to put the div in a partial and share the partial into the mail.

Am I misunderstanding things, or does Rails (2.3.2) prevent me from doing this? If so, why?

--    Phlip

Can't you put those divs in a helper and use that?

Railsters:

Bump?

Or is Rails vs MVC too sensitive a topic? (-;

> Railsters:

> I'm on the second project in a row where I would like to snip out one div from a > view and mail it around. I want to put the div in a partial and share the > partial into the mail.

> Am I misunderstanding things, or does Rails (2.3.2) prevent me from doing this? > If so, why?

Works for me. What have you been trying?

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Works for me. What have you been trying?

We were trying an awesome new plugin called pilot_error...

Beyond that, at my last gig we might have mangled the snot out of the paths to the templates, so maybe that explains the perceived problem.

I will try it your way and see what happens tx!