Who is working on the Sybase Adapter???

Does anyone know who is working on the Sybase Adapter? I have urgent patches that are being ignored. These are production issues in a government setting. I just want someone who can look at them and tell me if I'm on the right track or what has to be done. If no one knows who is in charge of the Adapter, then can someone please get me in touch with the Active Record guys and maybe I can at least take it over. Please respond with any information or even if you don't know anything so that I can at least know that the community is active.

Here a link that talks about the two patches: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-core/browse_thread/thread/44104a4672fa7ea

By sybase adapter do you mean the ASA one out already? or do you mean an ASE driver that doesn't exist yet?

Please respond with any information or even if you don't know anything so that I can at least know that the community is active.

I'm not sure who, if anyone, is looking after the sybase adapter at present, which could either mean no one is, or I'm being forgetful.

If you have patches and are interested in perhaps taking over the maintenance, jump into #rails-contrib on irc.freenode.net and ask around.

Hey guys. I forgot about this thread.

Brian, I'm pretty sure we're using ASE here, but we had to compile the driver from sources. Someone did that part for me, so let me verify that info.

Koz. Someone checked the irc, and didn't find anyone; I'll have to go do that too though. I already talked to Micheal Scott, and John Sheets and neither one is still active. Bitsweat told me to talk to the owner of the sybase adapter gem, but I'm not sure who that might be. Other than the transition to a gem, nothing has happened with the adapter for almost a year despite numerous outstanding patches. I'll keep looking though, and testing the patches.

Thanks, Anthony

Yeah, sorry, I’ve been pretty much MIA for the Sybase adapter. I guess if anyone is the “owner” of the sybase adapter gem it’s me. Anthony, if you want it, go for it! It’s yours.

John

Which Driver then are you using? from where?

I’m not sure if it’s even technically a “driver”. I just pointed the sybase-ctlib Ruby project’s build script directly to the libct.so file that was bundled in the Sybase database installation. Sybase-ctlib links to Sybase’s compiled UNIX library object file. Pretty low level.

Is that what you mean?

John

> Yeah, sorry, I've been pretty much MIA for the Sybase adapter. I

guess if

> anyone is the "owner" of the sybase adapter gem it's me. Anthony, if you > want it, go for it! It's yours. > John

Thanks John! I'll take it. Maybe one of the core members could let me know what I should do to make that official...

Which Driver then are you using? from where?

I'm using the ASE on Windoze XP, with the CTLib we compiled in Visual Studio. I'm still trying to get a hold of the source for it again, so that I can test it against a gcc compiled version. And I need to talk to a couple guys to see about posting the binary. Do you have the ASE CTLib source handy by any chance? If so, compile it and try running the adapter against it. Also let me know if you need help with any of the other configuration...

Feel free to respond to this in the other group: http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-on-rails-sybase-developers

Thanks, Anthony