What to call Rails + merb

I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive name for the event. Rails 3 is fine but not descriptive enough

David A Black tweeted it as the merber (merg of merb and rails)

This is my favorite Ruby on Rails<<Merb or Rails<<Merb

Other thoughts mRails rMerb Rails+=merb Rails++ (hold your fire, it's a joke) Rails[:merb] RailsMerb meRails MerbRails :rails

Ok, You can FLAME me now.

Happy days Teedub

I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive name for the event.

"Merb alors" (stupid french spoonerism, sorry...)

Jej

Hehe, the official name will stay Rails 3 but you can always try to convince the main bloggers to come up with a nickname :wink: I'm glad to hear you're excited tho!

- Matt

Teedub wrote:

I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive name for the event. Rails 3 is fine but not descriptive enough

David A Black tweeted it as the merber (merg of merb and rails)

This is my favorite Ruby on Rails<<Merb or Rails<<Merb

Not knowing much at all about merb, I'm finding it hard to get super excited, but I am excited about new technology in general :slight_smile:

Just in case there will be a cutsie nick for the merger I'd like to register my +1 for Rails<<Merb

Happy holidays

Matt

Maybe Merle? Merble? Marble?

Raileries? Rhuberb? Rumer?

How about Ruby on Rails? Anyone?

Rails 3.0

How about RaiMer

Using Rails relies heavily on googling - so my vote would go for naming it something pretty unique. I've done a lot of reading about railway track engineering over the recent years.

Tonypm

Teedub wrote:

I am so excited about the Rails Merb merger! We need a descriptive name for the event.

Mr. Ails ?

Rails 3.0 - LIVE, released. http://smallr.com/8tl

this is sophisticated! :slight_smile:

Rear Limbs Lamb Riser Sir Marble

:wink: