Weird "tag_options" error after upgrading 1.2.6 -> 2.0.2

Hello all. I am REALLY hoping someone can knock me upside the head with an answer to this because I'm flummoxed.

I'm trying to get my project moved over to 2.0.2 from 1.2.6. I upgraded the Rails gem (and dependencies) successfully. rake:deprecated passed with no issues. I ran "rake rails:update". Everything I think I'm supposed to do for the update.

I'm getting the following error. It happens anywhere I'm outputting an html tag in my code.

ArgumentError in Sessions#new

Showing sessions/new.rhtml where line #3 raised:

wrong number of arguments (2 for 1)

Extracted source (around line #3):

1: <% form_tag sessions_path, :id => 'loginform' do -%> 2: <p><label for="login">Login</label><br/> 3: <%= text_field_tag 'login', nil, :size => 50 %></p> 4: 5: <p><label for="password">Password</label><br/> 6: <%= password_field_tag 'password', nil, :size => 50 %></p>

Application Trace C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.0.2/lib/action_view/ helpers/tag_helper.rb:40:in `tag_options' C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.0.2/lib/action_view/ helpers/tag_helper.rb:40:in `tag' C:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.0.2/lib/action_view/ helpers/form_tag_helper.rb:114:in `text_field_tag' app/views/sessions/new.rhtml:3:in `_run_erb_47app47views47sessions47new46rhtml' app/views/sessions/new.rhtml:1:in `_run_erb_47app47views47sessions47new46rhtml'

This form code is from Rick's "restful_authentication" plugin, with some minor personal tweaks but nothing that'd cause this issue. This same error occurs on "image_tag", "stylesheet_tag", etc. I don't think I have any conflicting plugins installed. I'd have thought that if I did, they'd show up in the Application Trace output and this clearly shows it's coming from the actionpack-2.0.2 gem.

Anyone have any ideas. I'm at wits end on this.

Thanx in advance.

matte

This form code is from Rick's "restful_authentication" plugin, with some minor personal tweaks but nothing that'd cause this issue. This same error occurs on "image_tag", "stylesheet_tag", etc. I don't think I have any conflicting plugins installed. I'd have thought that if I did, they'd show up in the Application Trace output and this clearly shows it's coming from the actionpack-2.0.2 gem.

Not necessarily: what the trace shows is that when tag_options is
called from actionpack on that lines, the number of parameters is not
what was expected. Do you have a plugin redefining the method
tag_options somewhere ?

Fred

Quick update. It's like the "tag_options" it's trying to use is the actionpack-1.13.6 version, which only has 1 parameter instead of 2 like in actionpack-2.0.2

But I also uninstalled all rails code (including dependencies) from my computer, leaving only 2.0.2 rails gems and it still gives me the error.

I'm about to try starting a brand new rails project and slowly port over my old project code into the new one but boy that sounds like more work than it's worth.

matte

I coulda had a V8 (man, that ages me. heh). Yeah. I'm too hasty to post. I shoulda searched. I'm still using the Unobtrusive Javascript plugin. They redefine tag_options in their "lib/ tag_helper_patches.rb" file.

Time to start working on my javascript code output.

Thanx for giving me that knock upside the head.

matte