About the Job: Web Service Engineer
Location: Seattle WA - Local Candidates Only
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Competitive FTE salary with early stage equity
We need people that are smart, creative, funny and technology driven.
Be amused. Be moved. Help shape the way people play online. We're
looking for a Web Service Engineer with a track record of building and
maintaining large scale dynamic web services. You must be a technical
leader and core services architect for the team, sharing
responsibility with other senior team members for resolving technical
problems. You will develop, unit test and implement complex software
This position will work with product management and marketing teams to
develop core road map and release phases, develop a framework for
resourcing current and future release investments. Candidates must
understand, review, provide feedback and contribute to software
documentation as well as continually research and evaluate new
technologies and solutions.
5+ years or more of software development experience
- Strong analytic skills
- Strong ability to solve problems in imaginative as well as practical
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work on multiple overlapped projects concurrently
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with
- Ability to create and follow project plans and schedules with a
proven track record of delivering on-time
- Strong interest and currency in media technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
- Past experience in at least one of the following areas – Network
topologies with variety of TCP/IP protocols and clients, Information
Retrieval, Data Mining, cloud deployment and scale technologies
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and
scalable distributed systems.
- Strong design and coding skills in C/C++ on Linux/Unix and PC client
- Familiar with Perl, Python and have a good understanding of SQL.
- Strong understanding and development experience with common internet
delivery protocols desired such as: HTTP, SSL/TLS, UDP, TCP/IP, RTSP,
RTP, RTCP, RTMP
- Strong understanding and development experience with web development
technologies desired such as: Ruby on Rails, App Engine, Servlets,
- Development experience with video applications desired such as:
HTML5, Flash, ActionScript, FMS, H.264, Http Live Streaming, RTSP
- Development experience with relational databases desired
Benefits and Perks:
● Our jobs are really fun. Seriously.
● We don’t offer any medical, dental or vision. But we will share our
expertise on how to pay for health care on your own that’s better than
what a small start-up like ourselves can offer.
● Stock options aren’t worth anything yet but have the potential to
make you really rich someday.
● We have very few office supplies and zero free soft drinks...
● BUT we don’t work crazy hours and we get to enjoy time with our
families as much as we enjoy watching viral videos.
Send resume and project urls to email@example.com