We have openings for Web Developers in Boston.
The developers will be responsible for both new/migratory application
system design and development in Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java Servlets,
JSP, and Java backend applications. The environment includes a web-
based client login interface, transaction processing systems,
invoicing and payment systems, a corporate web site, ad serving and
tracking, mass e-mail systems, as well as several backend and other
OLTP systems. MySQL and Oracle are the current RDBMS used.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience with MySQL or Oracle, or other compatible SQL and PL/SQL.
* Solid experience designing and programming a Ruby on Rails or Java
web-based system either in an educational/research or business
* Experience or familiarity with Unix/Linux, Web Services, XML/XSL,
* Strong verbal & written communication skills. "Team Player"
mentality is a must.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
* A Fascination with technology and a drive to succeed.
* Experience with, and interest in; social networking, social
shopping, e-commerce, affiliate marketing, ad networks and/or consumer
* Aptitude for standard project lifecycle practices including source
code versioning control and maintenance.
* Experience with open source projects.
* Leadership qualities and project management skills (successful
candidates may be tasked with leading projects.)
Please contact Rick Maddock of Global Resources, if you are
interested. Rick's toll-free number is 1-877-532-6300, Ext. 108. Or
email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org