Warnings in rails installation

I tried installing rubygems 1.8.5 and for the most part everything went as expected, but I received two Warnings and one Message:

Fetching: builder-2.1.2.gem (100%) WARNING: builder-2.1.2 has an invalid nil value for @cert_chain

Fetching: abstract-1.0.0.gem (100%) WARNING: abstract-1.0.0 has an invalid nil value for @cert_chain

Installing ri documentation for activerecord-3.0.9... ERROR: While generating documentation for activerecord-3.0.9 ... MESSAGE: Invalid argument - ./</cdesc-<.ri ... RDOC args: --ri --op D:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/doc/ activerecord-3.0.9/ri --main

Should I worry about this?

Also, I perused the Internet and found a rails-2.3.4.gem file. Should I remove the existing rubygems and install rails-2.3.4.gem instead?

I am a newbie with only a few days' experience with ruby itself. I figured it best to learn a little ruby before diving into rails.

Thanks, Arthur

Artful <fuller.artful@...> writes:

I tried installing rubygems 1.8.5 and for the most part everything went as expected, but I received two Warnings and one Message:

Fetching: builder-2.1.2.gem (100%) WARNING: builder-2.1.2 has an invalid nil value for @cert_chain

Fetching: abstract-1.0.0.gem (100%) WARNING: abstract-1.0.0 has an invalid nil value for @cert_chain

Installing ri documentation for activerecord-3.0.9... ERROR: While generating documentation for activerecord-3.0.9 ... MESSAGE: Invalid argument - ./</cdesc-<.ri ... RDOC args: --ri --op D:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/doc/ activerecord-3.0.9/ri --main

Should I worry about this?

I don't think so. I also get those errors, but it does not appear to affect anything.

I would also look at creating a .gemrc file to instruct Ruby gems to ignore rdoc files - you probably won't need them and it will improve installation time immensely.

gem: --no-rdoc

http://docs.rubygems.org/read/chapter/11#page55

Also, I perused the Internet and found a rails-2.3.4.gem file. Should I remove the existing rubygems and install rails-2.3.4.gem instead?

I highly recommend using RVM to enable multiple versions of Ruby and gems to be installed on a per project basis and without affecting the underlying system.

http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/

I am a newbie with only a few days' experience with ruby itself. I figured it best to learn a little ruby before diving into rails.

Enjoy!