wanted: user-interface for many to many/habtm join operations

Dear group I'm on my first RoR project, and so far things are going fine. But now I'd like to achieve a simple m2m-join, with users and groups (--> a join table groups_users). I'd like to achieve a view/user interface with two lists, one with the users already assigned to a group, one with the users not yet assigned, and there should be buttons to move users from one list to the other. Pretty much a standard-thing for a many-to-many join table, it seems to me.

The basic concept of join tables in RoR is clear to me, but I'm not good enough yet to just go ahead and code my own user-interface just yet. I've been googling for hours now (boy, aren't there ever many rails-blogs out there), and couldn't find a single tutorial/reference, where it is explained, how I could achieve this kind of controller- logic/user interface. All I've found is a habtm-tutorial with check- boxes. Could someone please point me to a good documentation?

my tired eyes would appreciate it very much haddock

Hello,

Dear group I'm on my first RoR project, and so far things are going fine. But now I'd like to achieve a simple m2m-join, with users and groups (--> a join table groups_users). I'd like to achieve a view/user interface with two lists, one with the users already assigned to a group, one with the users not yet assigned, and there should be buttons to move users from one list to the other. Pretty much a standard-thing for a many-to-many join table, it seems to me.

The basic concept of join tables in RoR is clear to me, but I'm not good enough yet to just go ahead and code my own user-interface just yet. I've been googling for hours now (boy, aren't there ever many rails-blogs out there), and couldn't find a single tutorial/reference, where it is explained, how I could achieve this kind of controller- logic/user interface. All I've found is a habtm-tutorial with check- boxes. Could someone please point me to a good documentation?

my tired eyes would appreciate it very much haddock

personally I, suggest taking a look at

although it's quite complex and a little bit oversized, it might fit your needs.

Keep smiling yanosz

Thanks, yanosz, I'll take a look