Updating a page via a form

Hi

I was hoping someone could put me in the right direction or help with this query. I have created an admin user via Devise, I can log in fine and direct to the correct page. What i would like to do is have an admin dashboard on that page where the administrator can perform functions such as update pages via a form ( In particular the news page, this would just consist of updates in the society- so for example a title, date, news, posted by), delete users, upload images to specific pages. There may be more but i would like to know where to start as i am new to ruby on rails. any help greatly appreciated

Hi

I was hoping someone could put me in the right direction or help with this query. I have created an admin user via Devise, I can log in fine and direct to the correct page. What i would like to do is have an admin dashboard on that page where the administrator can perform functions such as update pages via a form ( In particular the news page, this would just consist of updates in the society- so for example a title, date, news, posted by), delete users, upload images to specific pages. There may be more but i would like to know where to start as i am new to ruby on rails. any help greatly appreciated

Hi

Hi

Work through some tutorials such as railstutorial.org, which is free to use online. (I seem to have typed that line 100 times in the last week). That is the best way to start. Make sure you have installed the version of rails that the tutorial is written for.

Colin

Hi

thanks for the replies, i am working through tutorials on a daily basis so hopefully it will all become second nature after a while.. i have looked at refinery and it looks amazing, though i have tried to setup but i need rails 3.0? I have rails 3.1.1 installed. is there any way around this

Install rvm and then you can easily have multiple versions of rails, google it to save me the trouble :slight_smile:

Colin

i have rvm installed already, to give you an idea in my current app i write rvm use default 1.9.2 before i start the app ( ie cd myapp ). As my current app is using rails V 3.1.1 will this effect installing refinerycms?

basically im trying to intergrate refinerycms into my current app

It should be: rvm use --default 1.9.2

what difference does the -- make?

skipping -- will try to use the default ruby and 1.9.2 ... most likely only 1.9.2 will be used

with --default you will use 1.9.2 and ask to make it default

thanks for the info!!