uninitialized constant ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess

Hi,

I am getting the error “uninitialized constant ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess” while executing the rails3 application.

Below are my package details:

Rails 3.0.0

Ruby 1.8.7

activeresource (3.0.0, 2.3.4)

Suggestions are welcome! Regards, Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A, In Every moment, thank God.

Hi,

I am getting the error "uninitialized constant ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess" while executing the rails3 application.

Below are my package details:

Rails 3.0.0 Ruby 1.8.7 activeresource (3.0.0, 2.3.4)

Suggestions are welcome!

Start with google for ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess That shows lots of hits with various suggestions as to what can cause this. If none of those help then come back but give us some more information about the specific call you are making that is causing the problem. We are not telepathic.

Colin

Colin,

Thanks for your reply. Surfed over both sides of Google but not able to get the apt solution. I am using the below code snippet in Application controller file so that all the flows will inherit.

‘rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401’

But while invoking the application URL, I am getting the error which I have sent in below mail thread.

Please let me know if you have any ideas. Regards, Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A, In Every moment, thank God.

Colin,

Thanks for your reply. Surfed over both sides of Google but not able to get the apt solution. I am using the below code snippet in Application controller file so that all the flows will inherit.

'rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401'

But while invoking the application URL, I am getting the error which I have sent in below mail thread.

You have not shown us the code that is triggering the problem. Also have a look in the log for the local app and the remote one and see what is happening.

I would prefer it if you did not top post please, it makes it easier to follow the thread. Insert your reply inline in previous message. Thanks.

Colin

Hi,

This is resolved. I copied the ‘activeresource-3.0.0’ gem folder from the source folder of rails3 and pasted under the ‘config/initializers’ folder of my rails3 application. So the below code snippet available in application_controler.rb file is working fine as expected.

class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base

rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401

end Regards, Seeni Rafiyullah Khan A, In Every moment, thank God.

Hi,

This is resolved. I copied the 'activeresource-3.0.0' gem folder from the source folder of rails3 and pasted under the 'config/initializers' folder of my rails3 application. So the below code snippet available in application_controler.rb file is working fine as expected.

class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base     rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401 end

I misinterpreted your question. Sorry. What you have done should not be necessary. Have you included activeresource in your Gemfile and run bundle install?

Colin

Hi,

This is resolved. I copied the ‘activeresource-3.0.0’ gem folder from the

source folder of rails3 and pasted under the ‘config/initializers’ folder of

my rails3 application. So the below code snippet available in

application_controler.rb file is working fine as expected.

class ApplicationController < ActionController::Base

rescue_from ActiveResource::UnauthorizedAccess, :with => :render_401

end

I misinterpreted your question. Sorry. What you have done should not

be necessary. Have you included activeresource in your Gemfile and

run bundle install?

Yes. Did but no luck! Finally switched over to that solution.