Trying to do a user list and getting double render errors..

Here is where I am now. A render :partial at the **** would solve my problem, but another render doesn't seem to be allowed. Render_pdf uses the only one allowed. Is there another way to do this? At the moment, it works fine, but only gives me 1 user, even though it makes the collections for each user.

Controller def print     @households = Household.find(:all, :order => "last_name, first_name")     @households.each { |@household|       @today = Date.today       @year = @today.year       @churches = Church.find(:all, :order => "name").map {|u| [u.name, u.id]}       @thisyear = Visit.find_all_by_year_and_household_id(Date.today.year, @household.id)       @lastyear = Visit.find_all_by_year_and_household_id(Date.today.year-1, @household.id)       @yearbefore = Visit.find_all_by_year_and_household_id(Date.today.year-2, @household.id)

Finally found a way around this. Only 1 render is allowed at the controller level, but a view can have as many as wanted, so.. Leave the only allowed render in the controller for render_pdf, and do a find(:all) in the controller. In the view with the same name as the controller action, do a <%= render :partial => 'whatever', :object => @variable_from_controller %>

next make a partial view called _whatever.html.erb or _whatever.erb for pdf output. The variable holding one record from the list will be called whatever, with no @ before it. This partial is where whatever output is wanted per record should be done.

Bob <bsm2th@gmail.com>