Trouble with bundler

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble using the oauth gem in rails apps. I think this may be me not understanding how to load it with Bundler, and I would love any feedback to guide me donw the right path.

I'm using Ruby 1.9.2 and Rails 3.0.3. I did a gem install oauth; I also tried a bundle install oauth, but no luck. If I include a line:

require 'oauth'

in a controller, I get a LoadError: no such file to load -- oauth.

In irb, I have no problem with oauth:

ruby-1.9.2-p136 :001 > require 'rubygems' => true ruby-1.9.2-p136 :002 > require 'oauth' => true ruby-1.9.2-p136 :003 > OAuth::Consumer => OAuth::Consumer

In the rails console, no luck:

ruby-1.9.2-p136 :001 > OAuth::Consumer NameError: uninitialized constant OAuth   from (irb):1   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands/console.rb:44:in `start'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands/console.rb:8:in `start'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands.rb:23:in `<top (required)>'   from script/rails:6:in `require'   from script/rails:6:in `<main>' ruby-1.9.2-p136 :002 > require 'oauth' LoadError: no such file to load -- oauth   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:239:in `require'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:239:in `block in require'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:225:in `block in load_dependency'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:596:in `new_constants_in'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:225:in `load_dependency'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ activesupport-3.0.3/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:239:in `require'   from (irb):2   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands/console.rb:44:in `start'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands/console.rb:8:in `start'   from /Users/acataldo/mentors/oauth-plugin/ruby/1.9.1/gems/ railties-3.0.3/lib/rails/commands.rb:23:in `<top (required)>'   from script/rails:6:in `require'   from script/rails:6:in `<main>'

Any advice on how to get rails to notice oauth?

Thanks! Adam Cataldo

This was just me being dumb. The trick is to add

gem 'oauth', '0.4.4'

to my Gemfile and THEN run

bundle install oauth

Doing it in the other direction is a bundler no-no.

Don't you just want bundle install after putting it in Gemfile. Why the oath on the end?

Colin