Trouble saving HABTM relation

Hello everyone, i wonder if someone can help i'm a newcomer and this problem is driving me crazy, and keeps me from going on. I have this two models with a habtm relationship Entidad(entity) and Persona(person), on the people view i want to see the entity/es he belongs to and viceversa, so far so good. The thing im getting stuck is with the form that handles the editing to add more people to an entity, heres what i got (mostly scaffold code with some additions):

In the controller:

def edit     @persona = Persona.find(params[:id])     @persona_entidad = Persona.find(params[:id]).entidades     @entidades = Entidad.find(:all, :order => "nombre").map {|u| [u.nombre, u.id] }   end

def update     @persona = Persona.find(params[:id])      @persona.entidades << @entidades      @persona.save     if @persona.update_attributes(params[:persona])       flash[:notice] = 'Persona was successfully updated.'       redirect_to :action => 'show', :id => @persona     else       render :action => 'edit'     end   end

On the view:

<p><label for="persona_entidad_id">A&ntilde;adir pertenencia a entidad</label><br/> <%= select(:entidades_personas, :entidad_id, @entidades ) %></p>

I get th following error: Entidad expected, got NilClass

The closer i've got to the solution is with this change to the controller:

def update     @persona = Persona.find(params[:id])      @persona.entidades << Entidad.find(params[:entidad_id])      @persona.save     if @persona.update_attributes(params[:persona])       flash[:notice] = 'Persona was successfully updated.'       redirect_to :action => 'show', :id => @persona     else       render :action => 'edit'     end   end

where i get this error: Couldn't find Entidad without an ID

Basically i want an object of the type Entidad to be added to Persona.entidad, i can do it with irb but im unable with the rails models.

Thanks in advance