Trouble connecting to #rubyonrails IRC channel?

I'm trying to connect to #rubyonrails channel and keep getting thrown into #overflow. I tried issuing the following command to become registered but still get thrown into #overflow

/msg nickserv register <your-password>

Any ideas?

Message when I get thrown into #overflow: Notice from ChanServ (FreeNode): [##overflow] You've reached this channel because the channel you tried to enter has been configured with join throttling (+J). There may be a clonebot attack in progress there, or simply unusually heavy interest. Please leave this channel and try again. Your channel may also be "identified-only" (+r); join #please_register for more information. If you need help, message a freenode staffer or email staff@freenode.net ....

Thanks! Chirag

Your have to register, type what it says:

/msg nickserv register <your-password>

I have tried that command and I still get thrown into the #overflow channel. any other ideas?

thanks Chirag

I swear it's a secret that no one wants to divulge. I have the same problem and could never get the answer out of anyone, including the admins on FreeNode.

Don't forget to identify.

/msg nickserv identify <your-password>

Doing so made it work for me.

/Hannes

fyi, also see http://colloquy.info/project/ticket/1104 "doesnt autojoin #rubyonrails any more"