Hello,

I’ve got the following piece of code:-

%section#download

%h1= t “section.title”

.content

%p

= I18n.t “section.first_box.first”

in name.html.erb file.

But I noticed that the css formatting that would apply to the %p tag no longer applies because of the internationalization tag I18n.t. Does anyone know how I can make sure that the text being translated “section.first_box.first” will preserve it’s css formatting and not have it removed because of the I18n.t tag?

I’m a Rails newbie

Thanks

Angela

This isn’t related to the use of i18n ( as a shortcut you can use just ‘t’ in views instead of I18n.t). As it stands the indentation in your haml file will put the internationalized text outside of the p tag, so the css rules for p tags won’t be used.

Fred

The problem is that the CSS formatting for the translated part is contained in the p tag and that’s what I’d like preserved.

Or would you suggest creating a new tag for the translated text in the CSS file with the same formatting as the p tag and then applying it that way?

Thanks

Hello,

I've got the following piece of code:-

%section#download   %h1= t "section.title"
  .content     %p     = I18n.t "section.first_box.first"

in name.html.erb file.

But I noticed that the css formatting that would apply to the %p tag no longer applies because of the internationalization tag I18n.t. Does anyone know how I can make sure that the text being translated "section.first_box.first" will preserve it's css formatting and not have it removed because of the I18n.t tag?

Can you write out, in HTML, how you want the final code to appear? The use of HAML may be confusing things here.

Walter

The problem is that the CSS formatting for the translated part is contained in the p tag and that's what I'd like preserved.

Or would you suggest creating a new tag for the translated text in the CSS file with the same formatting as the p tag and then applying it that way?

At the moment your haml is resulting in markup that looks like

<div class="content">   <p></p>   Translated text here </div>

So it should be clear why the style rules for p have no effect. What I was trying to say was that for the translated text to be inside the p element you need to indent it, that is

%p   = I18n.t(...)

Or perhaps I've got the wrong end of the stick and you should spell out what you're trying to do, as Walter suggests.

Fred