To Use or not to use global variable

Hi    My application has facility that any user can create a ticket from the intranet site.So upon creating a ticket he gives an email id .And I have to send mail back to this mail id giving created ticket's information..My application is running on differnt ports (say 3000 and 3001 or example) Both for two companies..So as part of ticket creation email to be send to user@company1.com(if it created from company 1 intranet), and similarly user2@company2.comif it created from company 2 intranet..here user1@company1.com and user2@ompany2.com are text boxes eneterd by the user      So where will I store the portion after @ (company1,company2) .Is it inside a global variable by reading it from a yml file?This I am doing to change code for second company..I think you understand the problem

And also one thing Suppose if I store it in a yml file can I call this only once when I enter in to the controller ..As far I undestod before_filer is called = no of times specified action is called

Thanks in advance Sijo

Start here.

http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/application_config

‘application_config’ eases project configuring by introducing yaml config file in RAILS_ROOT/config folder and provides handful methods accessing config values based on current rails environment. So, you can have separate sets of configuration properties for each rails environment you use.