Time.now cached in model association?

I have an object that has_many widgets, but I only want the widgets that are not expired associated with this object. My app is showing widgets that are expired, so the date must be getting cached. Anyone got a simple workaround for this? Is there some way to expire the cache every 24 hours, or force it to use the current Time.now every time it looks at this association? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could check it in the view or the controller but that seems like a pretty messy solution. Let me know if you all have any ideas. Thanks!!

has_many :widgets, :conditions => "expiration>='#{Time.now.beginning_of_day.strftime("%Y-%m-%d")}'"

Note: I am using rails version 1.2.3

I have an object that has_many widgets, but I only want the widgets
that are not expired associated with this object. My app is showing
widgets that are expired, so the date must be getting cached. Anyone got a simple workaround for this? Is there some way to expire the cache
every 24 hours, or force it to use the current Time.now every time it
looks at this association? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could
check it in the view or the controller but that seems like a pretty messy solution. Let me know if you all have any ideas. Thanks!!

has_many :widgets, :conditions => "expiration>='#{Time.now.beginning_of_day.strftime("%Y-%m-%d")}'"

Caching isn't really what's happening. That line is evaluated
precisely once, and so that string interpolation happens once. I wrote
a bit about this and similar problems at Do you know when your code runs? - Space Vatican

Fred