ThreadError: stopping only thread

Running Rails 2.3.5

I am new to Ruby and Rails. From the console I get the following ThreadError below. Any suggestions are very welcome.

app.get "/slides"

=> 200

app.request.path_parameters

=> {"action"=>"index", "controller"=>"slides"}

app.get "/slides/1"

ThreadError: stopping only thread         note: use sleep to stop forever         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ac tion_controller/reloader.rb:31:in `lock'         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ac tion_controller/reloader.rb:31:in `run'         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ac tion_controller/dispatcher.rb:108:in `call'         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.0.1/lib/rack/lin t.rb:47:in `_call'         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.0.1/lib/rack/lin t.rb:35:in `call'         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ac tion_controller/integration.rb:316:in `process'         from c:/ProgramFiles/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ac tion_controller/integration.rb:197:in `get'         from (irb):3

Keith, I too am using the "Up and Running" book and had the same problem. I googled and found that you can fix this by editing:

config/environments/development.rb

and setting:

config.cache_classes = true

Of course, you'll want to undo that change as soon as you are done with the console. Otherwise you'll need to restart scrip/server every time you changes one of your class definitions.

For the source of this fix visit:

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/3153-actioncontrollerintegrationsession-broken-in-234

Enjoy, Robert

Thanks Robert. I will give this a try.

Regards, Keith