The sum of the values

Hi! I want to find sum of values for a particular field of all the records. Right nw i m doing it using simple looping mechanism. @dummy=0 @quotations.each do|quotation|@dummy+=quotation.value end Is there any other way for doing this??

Also, when i m using an observer on a dropdown where on selecting a vendor's name from it, would result in shwoing the list of quotations from him. This is working for some vendors only. Wot cud be the problem??

Thnx and regards, Swanand

Hi --

Hi!      I want to find sum of values for a particular field of all the records. Right nw i m doing it using simple looping mechanism. @dummy=0 @quotations.each do|quotation|@dummy+=quotation.value end Is there any other way for doing this??

This should do it:

total = @quotations.sum(:value)

Also, when i m using an observer on a dropdown where on selecting a vendor's name from it, would result in shwoing the list of quotations from him. This is working for some vendors only. Wot cud be the problem??

I can't tell without some more information.

David

Hi! I m hvng a list of vendor’s with me. In the view i hve attached an observer to the dropdown of this vendor’s list. <%= observe_field (:vendor_name_id :frequency=>1,

:update=>'ob_div',
                           :url=>{:action=>:quotation}) %>

Now, once the user selects a vendor from the dropdown,thn in the quotation action in controller, i m trying to find out his credit rating and the credit period expiry date for the latest order placed with him(with some date arithmatic)

@vendor=Entry.find_by_name(request.raw_post).

which will populate the ob_div. This is working for some vendors and not all. In the vendor’s table i m hvng the column called as 'credit_rating" Wot cud be wrong? Thnx and regards, Swanand