The Soup - new rails community resource

Greetings all,

I am pleased to announced The Soup - http://the-soup.net/ - a tasty new resource for the Rails Community.

About Are you a Talented person that is looking for new and interesting projects to work on? Are you a Project Sponsor that is looking to build quality relationships in anticipation of your next hiring cycle?

Inspired by the story of The Stone Soup, The Soup provides a way for Talented people to work on great Projects with the benefit of developing long-term trusting relationships.

Much more than jobs, The Soup helps build healthy relationships Would you place a job ad or hire a recruiter if you had positive experiences with talented people that could do the job? In the same way that marriage preceded by dating[1] likely increases a positive outcome, The Soup provides a tool for Talented people and Projects to work on bite sized projects – getting to know each other before committing to a long term work arrangement.

Here's how it works; You, a Talented Person, who's looking for work or interesting projects: 1.List your skills[3], Bio and other helpful info 2.We'll match your skills, and notify you about Project matches on your 'Possible Work' Feed; 3.Apply for projects that look interesting; 4.Once accepted by the Project Sponsor, start doing the work; 5.Complete the project and bask in the glory of having made a positive impression and a new potential work relationship.

And you, Project Sponsor looking to expand your pool of talent: 1. List your Bio and other helpful info to help attract Talent; 2. Carve out a small part of a project, and place a free ad on The Soup; 3. Wait for the applications to roll in on your 'Projects' Feed; 4. Choose 1 or more Talented People to do the work; 5. Receive the finished work and an expanded pool of Talented People.

Talented People get experience and possible leads on future work opportunities, and Project Sponsors build a talent pool for a future hiring cycle. Mmmm good!

As a final note, when you sign up be sure to list your favorite blogs in your profile, and subscribe to a single feed that includes everybody's favorites. Now that's tasty.

I hope you enjoy The Soup. I've worked hard to provide a resource I believe the community can benefit from. I hope you enjoy The Soup.

cheers, Jodi The nNovation Group, inc. the-soup.net

P.S. We're in early beta (technology beta, not Google[2] beta), so please help out by filing bug reports and feature requests in the discussion forum. [1] cultural bias? [2] All Trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners. [3] Skills includes technology, creative, infrastructure, business, plus services you might provide such as hosting.