Text presentation on Mac and PC

Can someone help me out on this one. I have a website which was developed on a Mac. When viewing certain text in "verdana" on the Mac all looks great, but on the PC the text is very fine and thin on all browsers. Other text with bold and larger size seems to present the same on both PC and Mac. Is there a simple way I can improve the browsers text representation on the PC.

Other than 'get a Mac?'

Can you post a link that shows the problem? Do you know how the font size is specified in the code?

Walter

Don Mapp wrote in post #965814:

Can someone help me out on this one. I have a website which was developed on a Mac. When viewing certain text in "verdana" on the Mac all looks great, but on the PC the text is very fine and thin on all browsers. Other text with bold and larger size seems to present the same on both PC and Mac. Is there a simple way I can improve the browsers text representation on the PC.

This has nothing to do with Rails, and should be taken to a CSS or HTML forum.

Best,

Thanks Marmen I will do that.

I thought that you might like to read an answer that I received from a certain pyfunk It might help others:-

Rendering always depends on system. Like on windows, if the user has setup clear type fonts, he will be having a much better experience.

Some useful information

that may help take decision on improving font families for different systems

* Common fonts on all systems     * Some good information on various fonts that work on different systems and are best rendered at certain sizes.