test:uncommitted didn't work, so I wrote test:svn_recent

Railsters:

Put this into a *.rake file, and invoke it from a command line as "rake test:svn_recent":

require 'fileutils'

task 'test:svn_recent' do   `svn status`.     split("\n").       map{|f| f =~ /^M\s+(.*_test.rb)/; $1 }.         compact.           each do |uncommitted|             FileUtils.touch uncommitted           end

Rake::Task['test:recent'].invoke end

It finds every SVN file with a status of M (due to Subversion's stated goal to support absurdly easy grep-based scripting), and touches this file. Then it invokes the normal test:recent run, which adds files to the test list if their modification time is newer than 10 minutes ago.

For a good time, we could also add the ability to find every modified source file, find its matching *_test.rb, and trigger it. That behavior is allegedly in test:recent too, but I have never seen it working. It should be very easy to add to this system.

Railsters:

Here's an upgrade to my former attempt, this time using the rake-internal mechanisms, instead of touching files.

Put this into a *.rake file, and invoke it from a command line as "rake test:svn_modified":

namespace :test do   Rake::TestTask.new(:svn_modified => "db:test:prepare") do |t|     t.libs << 'test'     t.verbose = true

t.test_files = `svn status test`.                      split("\n").                        map{|f| f =~ /^M\s+(.*_test.rb)/; $1 }.                          compact.                            uniq   end end

It finds every SVN file in the test folder with a status of M (due to Subversion's stated goal to support absurdly easy grep-based scripting). Then it passes these files to the 'test' task.

This works better than test:recent because (even while practicing Continuous Integration), files may stay modified for longer than 10 minutes between integrations.