Table called delegates

Hi

I am working on moving my RoR applications to a new server running 2.0.2 (currently on 1.2.3). My databases (for a conference booking system) have a table called delegates which appears to be causing a problem and I note there is a method called delegate in Rails.

Unfortunately I have about 27 databases with these schema or something similar.

I have had similar problems in the past where databases have tables called applications and types.

Is there a way round this other than sticking with 1.2.3 or renaming all my delegates tables xdelegates with all the consequental changes this entails (these databases are not just used by RoR applications).

Is it possibel to remove the 'delegate' method from Rails?

Surely the methods used by Rails as against the methods generated from the schema should be in some sort of separate namespace so this sort of thing cannot happen?

Chris

Hi

I am working on moving my RoR applications to a new server running 2.0.2 (currently on 1.2.3). My databases (for a conference booking system) have a table called delegates which appears to be causing a problem and I note there is a method called delegate in Rails.

Unfortunately I have about 27 databases with these schema or something similar.

I have had similar problems in the past where databases have tables called applications and types.

Is there a way round this other than sticking with 1.2.3 or renaming all my delegates tables xdelegates with all the consequental changes this entails (these databases are not just used by RoR applications).

You could just call your class/associations something other than
delegate, while leaving the table name the same

Is it possibel to remove the 'delegate' method from Rails?

rails uses it so probably not

Surely the methods used by Rails as against the methods generated from the schema should be in some sort of separate namespace so this sort of thing cannot happen?

unfortunately not.

Fred