Switching from SQLite 3 to MySQL DB gives strange redirects

Hi there,

I have a site that's been running for a few years now and I want to change the Database to MySQL from SQLite,

Using yaml_db I performed the migration fairly seamlessly, and have the site up and running with all my data in MySQL now, however I have a few problems on a couple of authenticated areas of my site.

I have an admin section, and when I try and log in, I don't receive any errors but return to the login page, the log shows this...

"Filter chain halted as [:authorize] rendered_or_redirected."

I'm not sure why I'm getting this redirect because if I edit the database.yml config file to use my SQLite DB again and retry logging in, it will accept, so this would mean to me that it isn't an issue with my before_filters or routes.rb.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this?, I'm using Rails 2.3.5

Cheers,

Blaise.

You need to examine the code in the :authorize filter and see why it's returning false. Run the queries it is running and see what happens.

My guess is that you've got a boolean field somewhere that sqlite thinks is true, but mysql thinks is false.

or something similar.

Is that a good idea? I don't think sqlite is recommended for deployed systems.

Colin

I wanted to test it out to see how it performed, generally it was pretty good. however it failed at performing multiple transactions, naturally this isn't great for a web app.