style question: wrapping functionality around existing pkg

My application requires "Mechanize with a holdoff", that is, one that limits its #get and #submit requests to a maximum of one every N seconds. I have a simple Governor class which runs a block with a minimum holdoff between runs:

class Governor   def with_holdoff(holdoff)     unless (@ran_at.nil? || holdoff.nil?)       delay = (@ran_at + holdoff) - Time.now       sleep(delay) if (delay > 0)     end     @ran_at = Time.now     yield   end end

I could write a class that encapsulates a Mechanize object and wraps a with_holdoff call around its #get and #submit methods, e.g.:

class WrappedMechanize   @mechanize = Mechanize.new   ...   def get(uri)     @governor.with_holdoff(@holdoff_time) { @mechanize.get(uri) }   end end

... but that seems un-rubyish. What's the cleanest way to extend the Mechanize functionality? Perhaps a subclass like this?

class MechanizeWithHoldoff < Mechanize   ...   def get_with_holdoff(uri, holdoff_time)     @governor.with_holdoff(holdoff_time) { super.get(uri) }   end end

Suggestions welcome.

- ff