strategy for partials needed--DRYing up list-generating code

Hey All,

I'm fighting the urge to just copy/paste view template code & would like advice on a better strategy.

Consider this model:

Project   name   start_date   status *   funder *   funding_mechanism *   <etc.>

Where the *'d attributes are references to other models. I want to generate tables listing projects in all of these views:

1) projects/index   2) statuses/4/show   3) funders/2/show   4) funding_mechanisms/4/show

For #1, I want to show all of the columns of the projects, but for the others, I want to leave out whichever column is redundant given the thing I'm "show"ing. So for instance, say /statuses/4 is the 'active' status. I want to caption my table "Projects that are currently Active", and then show all of the project columns except for status. Likewise, for funders/2 I want a caption "Projects funded by NCI", and to show all columns except for funder.

Optimally, this would all be in a single partial that would morph depending on the context from which I called it. Is there a way to write that partial w/out making it a hell-broth of if/then statements? Or is that just a butt-kicking I've got to take?

Thanks!

-Roy

Roy Pardee Research Analyst/Programmer Group Health Center For Health Studies (Cancer Research Network) (206) 287-2078 Google Talk: rpardee