Strange error message

I have this link for an expiration date of a credit card and when you click on that link you can edit that expiration date of the credit card through two drop-downs. On the year drop down when u select a year a remote_function call is made to say the new expiration year and to revert that value back to a link. Everything works fine on my local machine but when I put it up on the server it doesnt work and it give some weird:

Filter chain halted as [#<ActionController::Filters::ClassMethods::SymbolFilter:0xb627c5e8 @filter=:ensure_proper_protocol>] returned false.

Has anyone ever seen this error and are there any suggestions on how to get it to work. I'm using Rails 1.8 something. Thanks,

-S

I have this link for an expiration date of a credit card and when you click on that link you can edit that expiration date of the credit card through two drop-downs. On the year drop down when u select a year a remote_function call is made to say the new expiration year and to revert that value back to a link. Everything works fine on my local machine but when I put it up on the server it doesnt work and it give some weird:

Filter chain halted as [#<ActionController::Filters::ClassMethods::SymbolFilter:0xb627c5e8 @filter=:ensure_proper_protocol>] returned false.

That's not an error. Upto rails 1.2.6 (rails 1.8 doesn't exists, you probably mean ruby 1.8) returning false from a before_filter halts the action.

Fred